Christmas Time – Mistletoe and Crime
Police launch ‘Bah Humbug’ Christmas Campaign
‘SPOILING Christmas for criminals’ – that’s the aim of this year’s festive ‘Bah Humbug’ crime prevention campaign launched by Lancashire Police. Christmas cards are being sent out to known criminals as a deterrent to would-be thieves.
For your own safety you are being urged to:
· Keep your home and valuables safe
- Fit a burglar alarm and outside lighting.
- Ensure your windows and doors are locked.
- Keep presents out of view both at home and in your car.
- Don’t leave your set of keys near your front door or on display.
- Mark your new valuable items with your postcode and note down make/model/serial numbers. (A further tip: Don’t put the empty boxes for valuable goods on display at the side of your bin on recycling collection day.)
- Be safe on nights out
- Have a plan on how you will get home safely. Use a legitimate taxi company.
- Use busy, well-lit routes if you have to walk and walk facing oncoming traffic.
- Have your keys ready as you approach your car.
- Stay safe when shopping
- Park in well-lit areas and keep your bag with you.
- Keep purses, wallets and mobiles in your inside pockets, out of view.
- Carry handbags across your body with the flap facing you.
To report a crime, please call Lancashire Police on 101.
Always dial 999 in an emergency.
SEASON’S GREETINGS & ALL THE BEST FOR 2014 from
SUE BLACKBURN (Watch Liaison Officer) & DAVE SPINDLEY (Volunteer)