The new measures will affect all of Lancashire, including Blackburn with Darwen, apart from the Blackpool area, and come into effect on Tuesday 22 September.
- Prohibit households from mixing in homes and gardens
- Limit bars and restaurants to table service onl
- Prevent leisure and entertainment venues, including restaurants, pubs, and cinemas, opening between 10pm and 5am
A number of areas of guidance have also been introduced which residents are strongly urged to comply with.
- Only use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Not to attend amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
Residents are urged to only visit indoor locations such as pubs and restaurants with other members of their household or support bubble.