RIBBY WITH WREA PARISH COUNCIL
The Clerk: Hadyn J. Gigg MBE Plumpton House
Telephone 07920 255880 Preston
E-Mail [email protected] Lancashire
You are summonsed to attend
The Parish Council Meeting
To be Held at Wrea Green Institute
On 11 NOVEMBER 2013 at 19.30 hours
1. a) Apologies b) Declaration of Interests. c) Written Request for New DPI Dispensation.
2. Receive and Approve the MINUTES of the Meeting of the 14 October 2013.
3. POLICE/CRIME and DISORDER
1. Receive the Report of the Community Beat Manager 15
2. Car Accidents at School Roundabout.
3.The Martindale Situation.
5. RECREATION GROUNDS & OPEN SPACES 30
Open Spaces and Greens –
1. Millennium Clock – The Time Scrolls.
2. Football on The Green.
3. Twinning – 10th. Anniversary – French Vine Location.
4. Repair to Village Pump.
5. Play Area Service level Agreement.
6. In House Quarterly Risk Review.
6. FINANCIAL and STANDING ORDER MATTERS 10
Receive and Authorise
1. Parish Council Draft Financial Accounts and Budget Comparisons
as at Month Ended 31 October 2013.
2. Review of Website Budget 2013/14.
3. Payment of Accounts.
7. FYLDE BOROUGH/LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCILS 15 Receive Reports on any matters affecting Wrea Green:-
1. a) County Cllr. P. Rigby b) Br. Cllr, F.R. Andrews
2. Meeting with FBC Amenity Cleaning.
8. VILLAGE ACTIVITIES . 10
Consider and Receive an Update:-
- 1. Christmas Activities
- 2. Bonfire Night
- 3. Remembrance Sunday.
- 4. SWAG
9. PARISH C OUNCIL MATTERS 10
1. Wray Crescent Land Tenants Meeting 11 November 2013.
2. Electricity – Arrangements re Toilets and Cubicle.
3. Change of Date for Budget Meeting.
10. HIGHWAYS 10
1. General Matters.
2.. Railway Halt for Wrea Green
11. CLERK’S REPORT (Appendix 1) –
Receive Report, and obtain Clarification where deemed necessary. 5
Hadyn J. Gigg 5 November 2013
Clerk to Ribby with Wrea Parish Council
THE PUBLIC and MEDIA are CORDIALLY INVITED TO ATTEND. The public will be allowed to speak for up to 3 minutes on any issue as long as the Clerk or Chairman is advised in prior to commencement of the meeting.
For minutes of the last meeting:
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
RIBBY WITH WREA PARISH COUNCIL
Held At Wrea Green Institute
On 14 October 2013 at 19.30 Hours
Present: Cllr. Mrs. J.L. Wardell, (Chairman), Cllrs. J.W. Dobson,
Ms. P.M. Durran, K.J. Lupton, J. Molyneux (Arrived at 20.07 hours), and
Mrs. C.E. Wheatman.
There were no members of the public in attendance.
14/85 APOLOGIES and DECLARATION of INTERESTS
1. Apologies: Cllr. J.C. Maskell, Mrs. P.A. Naylor, Br. Cllr. F.A. Andrews and Cty Cllr. P. Rigby.
2. Declarations of Interest:
3. Written Request for New SPI Dispensation – None received.
14/86 The MINUTES of the meetings of the 5 August & 23 September 2013, which had previously been circulated to all councillors, were approved and signed by the Chairman.
14/87 POLICE/CRIME and DISORDER
- 1. Community Beat Officer’s Report:– There was no report.
13/0549 1 Ribby Road
Proposed Pitched Roof Over Existing Roof Extension to Side and Rear.
13/0591 5 Bryning Avenue
Erection of Two Storey Extension to Front, Alteration to Bay Window and Raised Decking at Rear.
14/89 RECREATION GROUNDS and OPEN SPACES
1. Pre School Outside Play Area – The Clerk advised that Alan Greening had requested that this topic be on the agenda. However, as he was not in attendance the Clerk outlined the reasoning.
2. Football on The Green – Cllr. Mrs. C.E. Wareing had received complaints that the football teams are leaving the area strewn with spent bottles, tie ups, and general litter after games. The Clerk advised that he would contact the secretary.
14/90 FINANCIAL and STANDING ORDERS MATTERS
1. Parish Council Draft Accounts for the Period Ended 31 August 2013
(Appendix 2) – The Clerk circulated and outlined the budget comparisons which were accepted and approved.
- 2. Council Insurance Update and Options – The Clerk advised that this was
the final year of a three year agreement and the premium had reduced to
£995-27 from £1017-14 last year. There is another offer of a three year binding contract to 30 September 2016 which guarantees a 5% reduction to £945-51. Unfortunately, the renewal notice from Came & Company had not been received and to ensure ongoing cover payment for the full amount has been made. Nonetheless the £49-76 could be carried forward as a credit note off the 2014/15 premium.
As the Council is fully satisfied with Came & Company the Clerk recommended that the Council committed to this further three year binding contract. It was RESOLVED that the Council would follow the Clerk’s recommendation.
- 3. Bonfire Night Expenditure Budget – The Clerk advised that the cost of St.
John Ambulance was higher this year at £140-80 (£72-00 2012) as it was recommended that 4 persons attended the event and as a consequence the budget would be exceeded. It was RESOLVED that the Clerk’s recommendation to transfer £120-00 from the General Reserve budget increasing the budget to £1250-00 be followed.
- 4. Payment of Accounts:-
4.1.The following payments were confirmed:-
300022 Broker Network Ltd. Annual Insurance £995-27 net
100495 United Utilities Water for Allotments £124-42 net
4.2. The following payments were agreed:-
100496 H.J. Gigg October Salary £ 606-63 net
100497 L. Weatherby October Salary £ 232-50 net
100498 HMRC October Payment £ 167-78 net
100499 Cole BKGC – Engraving Cups £123-33 net £148-00 gr.
100500 J.Wildish Landcspe Grass Cutting September £ 303-00 net £363-60 gr
100501 Principal Hygiene Toilet Supplies £ 34-62 net £ 41-54 gr.
100502 Sportmedia BKGC – Certificates £ 25-00 net
100503 HJ Gigg Repair Pictures £ 8-37 net £ 10-05 gr 100504 St. Nicholas Church Grant £300-00 net
100505 Vidahost Website Hosting 2014/15 £ 60-00 net £ 72-00 gr
4.3. The glass of one of the Lancashire Best Kept Village prints was broken and had to be replaced at a net cost of £8-37. It was RESOLVED that this would come out of the general reserve budget.
- 5. Budget Meeting – It was RESOLVED that the meeting should precede the
December Council Meeting on 9 December 2013 commencing at 7 p.m. with the Council meeting then following at 8 p.m.
14/91 FYLDE BOROUGH/LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCILS
1.1. Lancashire County Councillor Report – In Cllr. Rigby’s absence there was no report.
1.2. Fylde Borough Councillor Report – In the absence of Cllr. F.R. Andrews
the Clerk advised that:-
1) 13/0507 North View Farm planning application is expected to be before the DMC at the November meeting.
2) LCC will attempt to resurface Ballam Road and initially it will be included in the 2014/15 budget proposals. However, there is no guarantee.
3) The LCC councillor has agreed to give consideration to reducing the length of the 20 mph speed limit system through Wrea Green.
2. Review of Polling Districts and polling Stations 2013 – It was
RESOLVDED that the Wrea Green situation needed no change.
3. Community Cleansing – Cllr. J.W. Dobson was concerned that the village was not being cleaned in line with the current programme. It was agreed that a meeting be arranged with the manager in charge.
14/92 VILLAGE ACTIVITIES
1. Christmas Activities – 7 December 2013 -Update –In Cllr. P.A. Naylor’ absence the Chairman and Cllr. Mrs. C.E. Wheatman agreed to contact her and then select a tree and arrange carriage. The Clerk advised that he had contacted J.M. Services (North West) Ltd regarding the erection, dismantling and maintenance of the lights.
2. Bonfire Night – 5 November 2013 Update – The Clerk reported that insurance was in place, St. John Ambulance is to attend as first aiders, FBC, the Police, and Fire and Rescue have been advised. Waltons had agreed the use of their field and the Institute their car park for spectators. The Council has the necessary high visibility jackets available.The Wrea Green Institute committee was ready to assist with marshalling and the bucket collection. Andy Wallace with a dedicated team had again agreed to control the setting off of the fireworks. Andrew Wareing will control the bonfire arrangements. It was RESOLVED that councillors should be available on the night to be marshalls.
3. Remembrance Sunday – 10 November 2013 Update – The Clerk advised that he had applied for the Road Closure Notice and the bugler had confirmed that he is available. The wreath for the young people of the two parishes will be laid by the Rose Queen and in the absence of the ward councillor, Cllr. Jack Dobson will lay the wreath for FBC.
14/93 PARISH COUNCIL MATTERS
1. Purchase of The Parish Councillor’s Guide for Each Councillor – The Clerk advised that an updated Parish Councillor’s Guide had been produced and recommended that the Council purchased one for each councillor out of the General Reserve budget. It was RESOLVED that 8 copies should be purchased out of the general reserve budget. The cost is £2-50 per item.
3. North West in Bloom Presentation Attendees – 24 October 2013 – Cllr. Mrs. Pat Naylor and Marjory Ward of the WI had agreed to attend the event. The Clerk advised that he had arranged that the coach would call at Wrea Green at 9.40 a.m. It was agreed that Margery Ward would assist Cllr. Mrs. Naylor as would the coach driver.
- 1. General Matters –
a) Greenlands Farm Hedge – Cllr. J.W. Dobson advised that there had been
further hedge cutting which had improved matters but the area by the wood had still to be trimmed and the ivy growing along the path would, especially when it was wet, be a health and safety issue.
b) The new lamppost on The Green – Cllr. Dobson advised that the new
lamppost on the South side of The Green still needed painting.
It was RESOLVED that the Clerk would “Chivvy up” the LCC Public Realm Manager again on both issues.
14/95 CLERK’S REPORT (Appendix 1)
The Clerk’s report, which was circulated to all members before the meeting, was noted and accepted.
14/96 The Meeting Closed at 20.11 hours.
The Next Meeting is on the 11 November 2013.
Cllr. Mrs. J.L. Wardell 11 November 2013.