MINUTES of THE MEETING OF
RIBBY WITH WREA PARISH COUNCIL
Held At Wrea Green Institute
On 11 JULY 2011 at 19.30 Hours
Present: Cllr. Mrs. J.L. Wardell (Chairman), Cllrs. D. Diggle, J.W. Dobson,
K.J. Lupton, Mrs. P.A. Naylor (arrived at 19.33 Hours), Cllr. Mrs. A.E. Uphill
Mrs. C.E. Wheatman, and Cty. Cllr. P. Rigby
There were fourteen members of the public in attendance.
12/38 APOLOGIES and DECLARATION of INTERESTS
1.1. Apologies: Cllr. J.M. Molyneux, and Br. Cllr. F.A. Andrews
1.2. Declarations of Interest: Cllrs. Mrs. C.E. Wheatman & K.J. Lupton declared a prejudicial interest in 12/42.4.
12/39 The MINUTES of the Annual Meeting of the 13 June 2011, which had previously been circulated to all councillors, were approved and signed by the Chairman.
12/40 POLICE, CRIME and DISORDER
P.C. Dawn Conolly-Perch advised that there had been 2 reported crimes since the last meeting both at Ribby Hall Leisure Village. The PACT concentration this month is sheep worrying in Great Plumpton.
Cllr. Mrs. C.E. Wheatman thanked the police for their “light touch” approach on Field Day which helped it to be a very family orientated occasion.
Cllr. Mrs. P.A. Naylor arrived during this presentation.
11/0363 Langtons Farm, Ribby Road
Proposed Stable Block and Paddock for Domestic Use.
No Objection as long as for domestic use only.
11/0036 The Villa, Moss Side Lane
Proposed Extension – Alterations to Original Plans.
The meeting was opened from 19.35 hours to 20.02 hours to enable the public to make their views known. In general there was unrest in view of the “live music” marquee planning condition being abused and as a result the excessive noise which had recently been generated. This resulted, after complaints, in FBC now giving consideration to a prosecution in relation to abuse of the licensing laws. In addition, Mill Lane has been used by taxis and vehicles for functions. It was also felt that the amendments to the plans were adverse measures for neighbours.
The Council RESOLVED that as the amended plans included significant changes in reality a further submission was considered necessary. It was also RESOLVED that the Clerk request sight of the amended plans so that the Council could give the alterations full consideration. A request for a meeting with the planning officer, as well as also requesting that the proposal is withdrawn from the Development Control (DC) meeting on 20 July 2011 was to be made. The Clerk advised that it was improbable that the application would be withdrawn at such short notice particularly as it had been anticipated that it would have been on the June DC agenda. Also the planning officer had considered the changes were not sufficient to warrant a resubmission and had advised the Council in reasonable time that the plans were readily available on the FBC website.
This topic was deferred until Friday, 15 July 2011 to enable the councillors to view a hard copy set of the amended plans when a final decision could be made in respect of the Council’s formal views.
CONTINUATION MEETING 15 July 2011 at Wrea green Institute at 17.00 hours. – Attendance: Cllr. Mrs. J.L. Wardell (Chairman), Cllrs. J.W. Dobson,
K.J. Lupton, J.M. Molyneux, and Mrs. C.E. Wheatman.
The Clerk had obtained the amended plans but the planning officer was on holiday until 18 July so was not able to meet the Council until after the DC meeting. It was intended that the application would be placed before the DC committee as already advised. The Clerk also furnished the meeting with the planning officer’s report for the DC committee which covered all of the concerns previously made by the Council.
It was RESOLVED that Cllr. J.W. Dobson would attend the DC meeting on
20 July 2011 and raise the concerns of the Council.
12/42 RECREATION GROUNDS and OPEN SPACES
Open Spaces and Greens:
1.CCCTV at Wray Crescent Play Area and Allotments (12/31.1) – The Clerk advised that the project is to be undertaken during the week commencing 25 July 2011.
2. Land Adjacent Wray Crescent Play Area (12/31.2.) – The Clerk advised that the cabinet had agreed the transfer subject to a clawback if the Parish Council subsequently sold any of the land commercially. The proposals put to the FBC cabinet are in the councillors’ monthly circulation. Matters are now in the hands of Fylde Borough Council (FBC) legal department. It was RESOLVED that the Council would use Dickson Childs & Green as solicitors to act in this matter.
3. Play Area Progress (Appendix 2) (12/31.3) – The minutes of the meeting held on the 20 June 2011 were circulated prior to the Council meeting. Cllr. Mrs. Uphill advised that three ladies had turned up and were interested in being on the project committee. The next meeting is on 25 July 2011. Cllr. Mrs. C.E. Wheatman advised that the Kirkham play Area Project had be assisted by LCC, Rosie Pritchard, on where to find grants. Cty. Cllr Rigby agreed to contact Ms. Pritchard.
4. 2012 Olympic Committee Car Boot Sale on the Green – 29 August 2011 – It was RESOLVED that the Olympic Committee could run a fund raising car boot sale subject to the usual conditions.
12/43 FINANCIAL and STANDING ORDERS MATTERS
1. Update re New Accounting Computer Software – The Clerk advised that he had gone with Scribe 2000 at an initial cost of £245-00 and an annual back-up cost of £245-00. As the accounts have to be set up and back dated to the beginning of the current financial year an up to date financial progress against budget would not be available until the next meeting.
2.1. Donation to CPRE to Fight A|gainst the Development of Greren Field Sites – It was RESOLVED that the Council would make a donation of £25-00. This would come out of the budgeted grant of £150 for Horseman’s Sunday which will not now take place in Wrea Green.
2.2. Lobbying Local MP re Change in Brown Field Site Development Policy – It was RESOLVED that the Clerk would write to Mark Menzies MP on this issue.
3. New NALC Version of Standing Orders (12/32.5) – After perusal of the new edition of the NALC standing Orders the Clerk advised that there was no need to change this Council’s approved documentation. This has been confirmed by LALC.
4. Payment of Accounts:-
a) The following payments were confirmed:-
1876 Fred Cooke Updating Village Sign £111-45 net
1877 Scribe 2000 New Financial Software` £245-00 net £294-00 gr
b) The following payments were approved:-
100331 HJ Gigg July Salary £ 436-33 net
100332 L Weatherby July Salary £ 210-00 net
100333 HMRC Tax & NIC -June £ 309-84 net
100334 Alan Burrows Miscellaneous Allotments £ 79-00 net
100335 E-On Electricity to Green £ 38-51 net £ 40-44 gr 100336 United Utilities Water Allotments £ 102-87 net
100337 Principal Hygiene Toilet Tissue Dispenser £ 16-95 net £ 20-34 gr 100338 Acer Contracts Herbicide Small Greens £ 100-00 net £120-00 gr 100339 Jonathan Wildish Grasscutting Contract £ 245-00 net £294-00gr
100340 HJ Gigg Miscellaneous £ 3-52 net £ 4-23gr Toilets New Key £ 2-25 gr
Stationery £ 1-98 gr
100341 CPRE Brownfield Campaign £ 25-00 net
12/44 FYLDE BOROUGH/LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCILS
1.1. Lancashire County Councillor Report – Cty. Cllr. P. Rigby reported that he was looking into matters relating to road flooding and neighbour’s egress for a resident of Bryning Lane.
Bernard Whittle is to be appointed an Alderman on 21 July and it was RESOLVED that the Clerk would send a letter of congratulations on behalf of the Council.
1.2. Fylde Borough Councillor Report – In the absence of Cllr. F.A. Andrews there was no report.
12/45 PARISH COUNCIL MATTERS
1.. Request from Local Works re Sustainable Communities Act – The request had been circulated prior to the meeting and it was RESOLVED that councillors would respond accordingly.
2. LALC 67th. Annual General Meeting 12 November 2011
2.1. Voting Delegate – It was confirmed that Cllr. J.W. Dobson will be the Council’s voting delegate at the AGM.
2.2. Resolutions – The Clerk advised that councillors should give consideration to whether the wanted to propose a resolution at the AGM by the next meeting.
1. 20 MPH Speed Limit Proposals –
It was RESOLVED that the Council was generally in favour and agreed that Cty. Cllr. Rigby should request that the 20 mph speed limit was introduced all around The Green.
2. Restriction of Disabled Parking on Ribby Road Near Redrow Homes Site (12/35.1) – It was RESOLVED that the disabled restriction should be taken forward but only the additional yellow markers installed.
12/47 CLERK’S REPORT (Appendix 1)
This document, which had previously been circulated to all councillors, was noted.
12/48 The Meeting Closed at 21.06 Hours. The Next Meeting is on the
8 August 2011.
Cllr. Mrs. J.L. Wardell Chairman 8 August 2011.